Monday, March 19, 2012

S5: The Incident: Part 1

I can't believe it!  It's the season finale already!  It now makes sense why the episode "Follow the Leader" felt like a set up episode because it was setting up the finale.

In Part 1, we finally, after all this time, meet Jacob.  We also meet the Man in Black.  And even though Jacob is only shown in the flesh on the island hundreds of years ago, he gets all the flashbacks off island.  We see him meet Kate, Sawyer, Sayid, and Sun & Jin.  I didn't notice it when I watched the episode the first time, but I read and specifically watched as he deliberately touched each one of them physically which makes sense in Season 6, but I don't want to get ahead of myself.

In 1977, Jack and Sayid are on their way to the Swan.  Miles, Hurley and Jin save them in the nick of time because they are getting shot at by members of the Dharma Initiative.  Sayid was shot by Ben's dad and is bleeding very badly where Jack can't stop it.  Without warning, blocking the road are Juliet, Kate and Sawyer.

In 2007, the "good guys" visit the cabin and then proceed to burn it as someone other than Jacob has been using it.  Elsewhere, Locke and the Others are still on their way to see Jacob.  Locke tells Ben that he is going to kill Jacob and ask him, after all he's been though, "Why wouldn't you want to kill Jacob?"

As Part 1 plays through my head, visions of Part 2 begin to flood my memory and I need it to stop so I actually enjoy the episode tomorrow.

Seeing Rose, Bernard and Vincent was great.  It's funny that they managed to survived in the jungle for three years.  Hell, if the Hostiles (Others) can do it, then why not them, right?  Great episode.  Looking forward to Part 2 of the finale!

No comments:

Post a Comment