Saturday, April 7, 2012

S6: Everybody Loves Hugo

As the season and the show is reaching its climax, it's time to move the plot forward.  This episode nudges the plot along with Desmond nudging Hugo in the flash sideways, and Locke nudging Desmond down a well on island.  Also, this is a bit of a stretch, but in the flash sideways, Desmond also "nudges" Locke with his car.

Hugo puts on his leadership pants on the island with a little influence from Michael.  Why Michael and not Jacob?  Probably to connect the Libby story line more and also to reveal that the voices on the island are trapped souls.  Unfortunately, since I've never been a huge Libby or Michael fan, these attempted connections to pull at the heart strings are lost on me.  The only part that I did like in the flash sideways was seeing Hugo start to remember being on the island when he kissed Libby.  Well that's not the only part I liked -- Desmond running down a wheel chair bound Locke was pretty surprising as well, at least it was the first time I watched this episode.

On island, because of Hugo's actions, he inadvertently splits up the "good guys" group.  Richard, Ben and Miles head to the barracks to get grenades and the like to carry on their mission of blowing up the Ajira plane.  Hugo, Jack, Sun and Lapidus head to Locke's camp.  So all the candidates, save for Jin, are in one place.  With them finally all coming together, this should make Locke/MIB happy and this should move the plot along.  Locke/MIB did say earlier in the episode to Sawyer that there is a difference between doing nothing and waiting.  Sawyer is as impatient as the audience is right now and hopefully some big things will be happening soon in the final episodes.  I don't recall how many episodes there are left, and I'm purposefully not looking so I can maximize my enjoyment of what is to come, as I've been doing through this entire rewatch.

No comments:

Post a Comment