Wednesday, June 1, 2011

S1: The Moth

When I began watching this episode for a second time, I forgot that Jack got trapped in the caves.  Then I realized it was a Charlie episode, and I thought it wasn't going to be a good episode since he's not one of my favorite characters.  In fact, he WAS hanging out with Claire and she has been MIA these past two episodes.  I haven't seen her in the caves, so I'm assuming she's still on the beach.  But if she had been developing a friendship with Charlie and partly with Jack, it's strange she wouldn't go where her friend and doctor are.  I digress about Claire.  Concerning this episode, despite my initial thoughts, it WAS a good episode.

Thanks to Locke's intervention and lesson in metamorphosis, the viewer is treated to the metamorphosis of Charlie from junkie to a better man.  He proves himself in action and integrity.  The formula was a little obvious, which is hard to say since I've already seen this episode once, but it was still a joy to watch and relive.

The side story of Sayid is also interesting that while the Lost writers develop the characters and their back stories off island, we are given a storyline of those trying to get to figure out the mysteries of the island and in doing so, hopefully attempting some sort of method of getting off the island.  Unfortunately for Sayid, he gets knocked out by an unknown person.  I can't remember but I think it's the French woman and if that's the case, then we should be getting a Sayid episode very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment