Thursday, May 26, 2011

S1: White Rabbit

"If we can't live together, then we'll die alone."

I forgot how great an episode this was as I watched it.  Our hero Jack gets his flashback episode and we get to see pre-island events like his childhood, his interactions with his father, and his interactions with his mother.  It's excellent how his off-island mood, convictions, and actions directly mirror his on-island mood, convictions and actions.  It's definitely some really excellent writing.

But again, I find myself flashforwarding to Season 6.  I remember Locke in the form of the Smoke Monster sitting down with Jack and pretty much confessing that he was in the form of his father and led him to the water.  I don't remember why.  Then my mind flashes to other moments in the future where the Smoke Monster appeared to just kill people without any thought.  Was it Jacob touching so many of Losties before coming to the island that threw off old Smokey?  Maybe.  I don't remember all the rules of Jacob and the Smoke Monster's game.  I will just have to wait and see it unfold to see if it makes more sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment