Thursday, May 19, 2011

Preface

I was never into LOST at first.  At the time it was on, I was living with my dad and he would watch his shows and I would cruise the internet half paying attention.  I don't remember what episode I saw first, but it was somewhere towards the end of Season 3.  I remember having NO idea what was going on.  After watching a handful of episodes, we came upon the Season 3 finale.  While watching the finale, I said to my dad, "I don't think this is a flash back, this is some sort of flash forward."  And at the end of the episode, I found out I was right once they showed Kate.  I wouldn't understand the power of this episode until some time later.

Some time later, I got a job at Geisinger and reconnected with my friends in the area.  My friend Dan was obsessed with the show.  At the time, the show had started Season 4 and was about 5 or 6 episodes in.  He let me borrow Seasons 1, 2, and 3 on DVD.  Once I started watching them, I was hooked.  I was watching 3 - 5 episodes a night.  I finished Season 1 in less than a week.  When I got caught up, we watched Season 4 together that he had on his DVR and each week after that I met up with him and Stacie to watch the newest one.  It was great fun.

At some point in the future, the episode watching moved from his place to mine.  We added our mutual friends to the mix and we had LOST nights that included our friends Dave, Jeff and sometimes Tina, Jen and Bill.

In the end, the series finale was enjoyed at my place where I threw a huge party with Dharma beer, pretzels, chips and more.  It was a fitting end to a great show and now I find myself, a full year later, craving to watch the show from beginning to end.

Thanks to Netflix streaming and needing a distraction while I work out each night after work, I have decided to do exactly that -- to watch LOST from beginning to end.  And in doing so I plan on blogging about each episode and typing whatever comes to mind.  As I post, I'm sure there will be a lot of love and a lot of hate towards specific actions or plot elements or certain characters, but overall, please keep in mind that I loved this show and it is sadly missed in a world where nothing after it has even come close to replacing it.  So please feel free to get LOST with me and maybe we'll find something along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment