Thursday, January 12, 2012

S3: Through the Looking Glass: Part 2

Great end to a season that began very slowly.  We get our first flash forward and learn that Jack and Kate have made it off the island.  Who else has?  Who else hasn't?  What have they lied about?  Who does Kate have to get home to?  These are all questions I know the answer to, but I'm looking forward to the events of the next three seasons and this episode was a great set up for it.

Unfortunately Charlie dies, but he sacrifices himself to save Claire per Desmond's vision.  Desmond claims to have saw a flash of her and the baby getting on a helicopter.  That was a pretty intense scene and Mikhail finally dies after blowing himself up with a grenade to flood the Looking Glass.

It's the first season where there appears to be a happy ending.  Everyone at the beach is safe, Jack and company contact the freighter and the victory music plays.  Hope of rescue appears to be in their grasp.  Or is it?

Personal side note:  The first time I ever saw this episode was back when I lived with my father. I had only seen a handful of season 3 episodes before the finale and really didn't understand what the heck was going on with this show.  I had a feeling that we were seeing flash forwards, but I didn't understand the gravity of the scene until my friend Dan introduced me to the show and let me borrow the first three seasons to catch up.  Then he and I proceeded to watch the fourth season together.  So I'm really looking forwarding to seeing what I might have missed the first time because it was such a surreal experience watching it with a friend and discussing the mind blowing scenes as they happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment